Wednesday, 28 November 2012

X marks the Spot

Hey all its Wednesday again and we have a new challenge for you!
time is running out fast and the mad Christmas dash for your cards in upon us so at ABC Christmas Challenge we try to help you avoid the mad rush! if you have been playing all year you will have a nice pile of cards growing, if you haven't then join us now and get into the habit of playing along now...
Our host this time is Bettina and her theme is

X marks the spot!

So basically we want to see an X or Several X's on your creation,
this can be crossed over twine, ribbon or papers or whatever you can come up with!

Our fabulous sponsors for the challenge this time are:

And 


For my card I have used one of the Cute Santa's from Bugaboo called Stocking Santa present

I need some masculine type cards so decided to used brown/green tones, and then well I just could not resist adding some glam to his Beard and my hand slipped and he has a glamoured hat and sleeve cuffs too! I added a little glossy accents and distressed edges. I need to add something crossed so had a look in my scraps box or ribbons and bits and found 3 small peices of brown twine just enough to hand sew some X's

I also used Sketch Saturdays Great sketch and added some little stitches in the corners of the layer that has what looks kinda like Brads on the sketch, the Picture does not show them so well so you will need to click for a close up!
So that's another card towards the Christmas pile :0)


Here are some Challenges I am playing along with:
Sketch Saturday - Fabulous Sketch
The Crafty Pad - Add some glitter
Sparkles Forum Christmas - Contemporary Colour combo
EKEF - Non Traditional Christmas Colours
Partytime - Anything Goes
Shopping our stash 
- Odds & Ends and/or Waiting To Be Used (scrap of twine.

Have a great day and hope you can stay dry and warm 
and don't forget to come and join us at 

and also visit my teamies they have been very busy!
hugs me x

20 comments:

  1. morning Samantha love the green Santa and those wonderful papers a great card
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another gorgeous make hun, love this! Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous. I love the image and wonderful papers.

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great card and I love the green/brown colour combo
    Thanks for joining in at Sparkles Christmas challenge this month

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, love the unusual colour combo it works really well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card and thank you for joining in at Sparkles Christmas Challenge good luck and hope to see you again DT Member Sandra H X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your 'x's. Mine was so unadventurous. I'm not happy with my card this time. I wish I'd thought of the x's as you'd done. I love the idea of large stitches on the card. Fabulous inspiration, as always from you Samantha. Thanks.
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your colour combo...great image.
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  9. A brilliant creation!

    Thank you for sharing at Sparkles Christmas Challenges this time
    Good luck in the draw

    Shaz x

    ReplyDelete
  10. "X" marks the spot for this creative and oh so cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, Samantha. Love the colourcombo and the cute Santa.
    Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great card, I love the earthy tones and fab image.
    Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your card, but green is a traditional color ;))
    Thanks for joining us at Elke Kaart een Feestje!
    groetjes Tinie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tinie, Sorry I thought that brown and green was non traditional and as Santa in the UK wears Red... Nevermind! thanks anyway! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. The COLORS here are amazing Samantha. X definitely marked the spot of this terrific Christmas card. It's adorable. :D
    hugs,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a funny card :) love it.
    Thanks for joing us at EKEF

    Greeting Aletta

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable image, and I love the stitched Xs. Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this little Santa. Great image choice and a perfect fit to go with the stiches.
    Hugs, Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a fabby and sparkly santa Samantha;) Oh that was a rhyme too;) Love the stiching and layers too. Have a lovely day. Hugs Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. cute Santa, I really like his glittery jacket!
    Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    Hugs, Alica ;)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this